How green is your loo? The Blonde and I are trying to green-up our toilet - so far we have:
* Switched to Ecover toilet cleaner, an eco-friendly alternative to the cleaners made with loads of manmade chemicals. Other alternatives include Bio-D, Sonnett and Eco Line toilet cleaners.
* Switched to 100% recycled toilet paper - usually Nouvelle, as the 12-packs are often on a cracking half-price offer in Somerfield.
* Made our own chemical-free air freshener - one part water to one part the cheapest vodka you can find, and a few drops of your favourite essential oil, shaken together in a pump bottle (in our case, an empty bottle from a body spray).
* Placed a cut-off 2L plastic drinks bottle in the cistern to conserve water during each flush - works on the same principle as a 'Hippo' or 'Save-A-Flush' bag.
* Agreed to apply the 'If it's yellow, let it mellow' rule when it's just the two of us in the house (and if you're letting something mellow, you leave the lid down to give the other a little advanced warning). This rule does not apply to the first pee of the day!